Friday, August 7, 2009

Pot on the Fire

Hi again! Vert here.

I was wondering what to write about this week, and Vikki brought the mule to mind. She was asking about revisions and updates on the process, which made me consider where I was, writing-wise, in the first place.

I find myself, these days, thinking more about what I want to do with the writing. Do I want to put more organized time into it? Do I want to shelve it completely for the next couple years and come back when I have more focus?

I look at the writing that I have been doing in the past 3 or so years, and I think, yeah, there are good parts in here, but do I really want to invest myself so deeply in what might end up encouraging schizophrenia?

Those are more mental questions than Vikki knew she was stirring up, perhaps.

I know that I enjoy the creative process that writing is. Even the process of revising has its small joys and victories.

...Maybe, for now, I will content myself with that, and write on...

No comments: