Friday, November 6, 2009

Rewards for NaNoWriMo?

It's NaNo, and I'm not having any trouble keeping above a daily 1,667 word count because I've had a set daily goal all year long. It feels like a tiny boost compared to last year's uber-challenge. As of last night, I was already up to 12,226 words! So if I want a real challenge, I have to spice things up a bit.

This month, I will:
  • Write 50k words from beginning to THE END of one or two versions of the story driving into my skull.
  • Complete four steampunk rings and post completed pics up on my blog to show off the finished results.
  • Give up my Saturday morning writing time in leiu of "Husband Appreciation Time". This is prime hours for me productivity-wise, but the hubby is so supportive and awesome regarding my writing efforts that he should get a medal. (In leiu of medal I'll be popping something in the slow cooker on Saturdays and watching a movie with him...hehe!)
  • Increase my baking to 2 loaves of bread a week (yum!) to have extras in the freezer.
  • Stock up on frozen baggies of homemade slow cooker soup.

  • My rewards? At 25k I get to start using the WiiFit Expansion pack in my daily exercise routine. At 50k, I get to hit the bookstore for Cherie Priest's new novel: Boneshaker. And for the first two weeks of December I get to avoid writing altogether while my prose stews -- time enough to binge on the new Sims 3 expansion pack, whittle down my TBR pile, and busy myself with holiday craftiness.

    What are your rewards for meeting your goals this November?

    No comments: