Friday, January 30, 2009

Not a craft post--talking about me

It's my week, and I'm supposed to be blogging on craft here at the Tri Mu blog...but its been a hectic week. If you're desperate for craft post, I have a somewhat crafty guest post over at my publisher's blog.

Okay, now that I've officially declared my neglect for the rules, let's talk about me. I'm kidding, but I am going to pass some information about what's happening with my first novel. I've already posted this information on my personal blog, so if you read both, here is your permission slip to skip the rest of this blog. ^_^

Reviews are starting to pop up on blogs, and because I like to live dangerously, I’ve been reading them when the alerts come in. Here are some highlights:


Jackie at Literary Escapism said:
“I found out about Once Bitten by Kalayna Price a few months ago and I just recently got my hands on a copy. I have to say, the intrigue I felt for this novel back then was definitely warranted. Price’s world is a lot different than a lot of societies I’ve been reading about lately. She gives a whole new twist to the shapeshifter culture and their reaction to the full moon.”
Read more here.

Hope at Hope's Bookshelf said:
“I'm anxiously awaiting the second book in this series. I can't wait to see what kind of trouble Kita will end up in next....”
(4 Hearts) Read more here.

Harriet Klausner at Alternative Worlds said:
“Urban fantasy readers who enjoy the works of Kelly Armstrong and V.K. Forrest will have a great time reading this exhilarating story. Kita is a fascinating lead character as she believes she cannot lead her clan because she shifts into a kitten and loathes the politics that go with being the Torin. Thus she remains in exile staying in kitten form so humans can adopt her until she feels she must move on to her next household. This is one fantasist who is worth the price of admission.”
Read more here. (And yes, being grouped with Kelly Armstrong did make my day, completely)

Also, Once Bitten is now available on Fictionwise. You can view it here. Or, you can head over to ereader.com where it is currently listed as a featured book!

For those of you who haven't watched it yet, below is the promo trailer my publisher made for Once Bitten. It's a little surreal to watch, as it is talking about my book, but the mood is great. Enjoy!


Okay, I think that is all my news. I promise to be more crafty in the future. Happy Friday Readers!

No comments: